- Ensure behavior data is collected daily, compiled weekly and entered into individual Excel files.
- Train staff on behavior plans
- Ensure staff are following behavior plans as written
- Ensure current copies of behavior plans are in the behavior book
- Work closely with BCBA on plans/changes
- Train staff on filling out restrain reports/incident reports
- Ensure restraint reports/ behavioral incident reports are completed and submitted to the BCBA with
Program Director notification
- Become Safety-Care Instructor/Maintain Certification
- Train staff on Safety-Care
- Physically escort/restrain individuals during emergency situations or behavioral episodes
- Ensure staff are applying proper techniques during escorts/restraints
- Ensure behavioral interventions are applied in the least restrictive manner
- Ensure ongoing communication with family, guardians, residences, Case Manager and Program Director
- Attend meetings with management personnel from other agencies and DDS as requested by the
- Implement agency policies and procedures as stated in the agency policy manual
- Provide appropriate discipline with the oversight of the Case Manager/Program Director
- Educate and assist individuals with skill development
- Ensure individuals have choice in their activities, goals, objectives
- Assist individuals to be the primary decision makers in their lives
- Ensure all staff maintain required certifications
- Ensure program maintains health and safety standards. Inform Program Director of any concerns.
- Implement staff recognition and promote positive working relationships
- Ensure PICA protocols are followed/data collected
- Ensure hourly PICA sweeps/documentation
- Serve as a Human Rights Officer and educator in the areas of Human Rights, mandated reporter responsibilities
- Maintains a work-site that is representative of the Agency’s core values
- Ensures program operations are in compliance with the Department of Developmental Services (DDS)
regulations, MassHealth regulations and CARF Certification
- Fosters a work-site that respects confidentiality, complies with HIPPA and protects the rights of persons
served and employees
- Coaches, trains and develops high-performing work teams.
- Prepare staff meeting agendas with the Program Director and Day Habilitation Manager.
- Provide feedback, coaching and formal evaluations of the Day Habilitation Floor Manager and Direct Support
Staff in consultation with the Program Director.
- Implement staff recognition and promotes a positive work-site
- Prepare, verify and submit timely payroll and mileage
- Reports all work-site injuries to the Program Director and Human Resources.
- Will serve as a direct support when needed to ensure appropriate ratios.
- Ensure staff is actively engaging participants by continuous supervision of multiple group areas.